So do you ever find yourself wondering what the heck you are going to make for dinner at right around 5pm? Well, we sure do around here. So tonight I found this recipe online. It was easy, fast, I had everything on hand, and everyone loved it! (Sorry there isn't a picture-the kids ate them all too fast!)
2 cups milk
1 and 1/4 cup uncooked oatmeal
1 cup flour
2 and 1/2 t. baking powder
1 t salt
2 T sugar
3/4 - 1 cup milk
2 eggs, well beaten
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1. Combine the 1st 2 ingredients (the Oats and milk) and let stand over night in the fridge. Or you can prepare the oatmeal and milk the same day you make the pancakes: Pour the milk over the oatmeal and microwave and just bring it to a boil and let cool. (That is what I did.)
2. Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar
3. Stir eggs and the 1 cup of milk into oat mixture.
4. Add the sifted dry ingredients.
5. Stir in the oil, egg, milk.
6. Allow mixture to rest for approximately a few minutes while the griddle (lightly greased) is heating up.
7. I use a half cup measure to pour batter onto the griddle.
Cook till golden brown on each side. (I did not make them that big-though Marcus will eat a dozen pancakes in one sitting-some of the other kids will not. I made them small enough that 8 would fit on my standard size griddle:)
recipe found at http://www.marjoriescandies.com/